T +31 20 546 05 86
F +31 20 546 08 38
|Send firstname.lastname@example.org an e-mail.|
|add Christof Swaak to e-mail contacts.|
Christof is head of the Stibbe Competition & Regulation practice. He specialises in European and Dutch competition law and is a recognized expert in complex multi jurisdictional cartel cases and has extensive experience with leniency and compliance issues. His work includes representing clients before the European Commission, the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg and national competition authorities including the Dutch Competition Authority and Dutch courts.
Christof studied at the College of Europe, Brugge, Belgium. He is a law graduate of Leiden University, The Netherlands, from which he received a PhD ("European law and the automobile industry") and was senior lecturer for four years at the European Institute of Leiden University. He is adjunct-professor of law at Fordham Law School, New York (USA) and Yale Law School, New Haven (USA). He is the (co-) author of several books and many articles on antitrust law and has lectured at programs sponsored by various organizations such as the International Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- Martinair Holland with regard to the investigation by the European Commission into the air cargo sector
- Vodafone in relation to an investigation into the telecom sector
- AkzoNobel in relation to investigations by the European Commission and proceedings before the European Court of Justice
- RWE in relation to several disputes
- Schindler in relation to several disputes
- Pilkington in proceedings before the Dutch Competition Authority